MapR is used by more than 700 customers across financial services, government, healthcare, internet, manufacturing, media, retail and telecommunications as well as by leading Global 2000 and Web 2.0 companies. MapR was able to break the minute sort speed record on Google's compute platform.MapR is privately held with original funding of $9 million from Lightspeed Venture Partners and New Enterprise Associates since 2009. Key MapR executives come from Google, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Informatica, EMC Corporation and Veoh. MapR had an additional round of funding led by Redpoint in August, 2011. A C round was led by Mayfield Fund that also included Greenspring Associates as an investor. In June 2014, MapR closed a $110 million financing round that was led by Google Capital. Qualcomm Ventures also participated, along with existing investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, New Enterprise Associates and Redpoint Ventures
• MapR were looking to hire an exceptional SE to continue their EMEA expansion.
• Having engaged local, US and UK based recruiters to initially implement this search MapR were unable to source the right caliber of individual who could combine the complex technical experience and commercial savvy necessary.
• Having searched unsuccessfully for three months MapR engaged Iperium to overcome the lack of suitable candidates in process.
• Utilising a methodical search based approach Iperium identified a longlist of originations (both vendors and relevant consultancies) who had a point of presence in Sweden and could potentially house an individual with the correct skill set.
• In order to identify potential candidates for MapR Iperium proactively networked each organisation to pinpoint the specific individual who might have the correct profile.
• Inside five business days from initial engagement Iperium had generated a shortlist of four unique candidates. None of which had been identified by other recruiters previously engaged by MapR.
• The successful candidate was identified within a 300,000 person organization and had the necessary motivation to join a dynamic growth vendor.
• This critical role was successfully filled within four weeks from initial engagement with Iperium.
• Iperium have since placed further individuals into MapR’s International business, convincing exceptional individuals from direct competition to engage with and ultimately join MapR to help continue their rapid expansion.